DevOps (development and operations) is a software development phrase used to describe a type of agile relationship between Development and IT Operations. The goal of DevOps is to improve communication, collaboration, and processes between the various roles in the software development cycle in order to improve and speed up software delivery.
DevOps emphasizes integration between software developers and IT operations: Rather than seeing these two groups as silos who pass things along but don’t really work together, DevOps recognizes the interdependence of software development and IT operations, and this approach helps an organization produce software and IT services more rapidly, with frequent iterations.
DevOps Courses from New Horizons
New Horizons is a Registered Education Partner (REP) with the DevOps Institute (DOI). REPs meet all the globally recognized standards for quality education, and comply with the guidelines, policies, ethics, and standards of the DevOps Institute (DOI).
DevOps Foundation Certification Course
This course provides an introduction to DevOps—the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy, and operate software and services faster.
The learning objectives for DevOps Foundation include an understanding of:
- DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Benefits to the business
- Concepts and practices — including its relationship to Agile, Lean and IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Improved workflows
- Improved communication and feedback loops
- Reliance on automation
- Applying DevOps in an enterprise environment
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Real-life examples and results
Target Audience: Individuals and organizations seeking a foundational understanding of DevOps, including employees and managers responsible for designing, reengineering or improving process, as well as consultants guiding their clients through process improvement initiatives. This course would also serve Internal and external suppliers, as well as process stakeholders.
View the full course outline
DevOps Test Engineering (DTE)
The DevOps Test Engineering course specifically addresses testing in a DevOps environment. It describes culture and team aspects for team engineers, test strategies, test infrastructures, test tools, test automation, best practices, test management, and analysis.
In the DTE course, participants experience an inclusive learning environment focusing on the methodology required for a DevOps culture. Candidates learn:
- The purpose, benefits, concepts and vocabulary of DevOps testing
- How DevOps testing differs from other types of testing
- The importance all IT roles play within testing
- DevOps testing strategies, best practices, infrastructure, tools, automation, and results analysis
- Strategies for selecting test tools and implementing test automation
- Integration of DevOps testing into Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery workflow
Target Audience: Quality assurance managers, testers and quality assurance teams, software engineers, software developers, DevOps engineers, IT managers, project managers, release managers and delivery staff, maintenance and support staff, as well as anyone involved in testing tool selection.
View the full course outline
What Are the Measurable Benefits of DevOps?
DevOps aims at establishing a culture and environment where building, testing, and releasing software can happen rapidly, frequently, and more reliably, and in a DevOps environment, cross functionality, shared responsibilities, and trust are promoted. One tangible benefit of DevOps is an observed decrease in development and operations cost. Other measurable benefits of DevOps include:
- Shorter Development Cycle
- Increased Release Velocity
- Improved Defect Detection
- Reduced Deployment Failures and Rollbacks
- Reduced Time to Recover upon Failure
Register for DevOps training today, or contact us to determine the best DevOps training for you or your team.