This course focuses on both hybrid MDM using Microsoft Intune, and the on-premises MDM scenario. This course also covers integration with online services such as Microsoft Store for Business, Microsoft Office 365, and Microsoft Azure.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for experienced information technology (IT) professionals, typically described as Enterprise Desktop Administrators (EDAs). These EDAs deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and applications across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. A significant portion of this audience uses or intends to use the latest branch of Configuration Manager and Intune together to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and applications.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Describe the challenges in managing a mobile and Internet-based workforce and how Configuration Manager integrated with MDM and cloud services solutions can address these challenges.
Describe and configure methods used to manage client devices that are located outside of the corporate network and connected to the Internet.
Deploy and manage Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager.
Deploy and manage Office 365 apps by using Configuration Manager.
Manage mobile devices by using Configuration Manager.
Describe and configure a hybrid MDM scenario by using Configuration Manager and Intune.
Enroll iOS, Android, and Windows-based devices in a hybrid Configuration Manager and Intune MDM solution.
Describe and configure on-premises mobile device management using Configuration Manager
1 - EXTENDING THE CONFIGURATION MANAGER INFRASTRUCTURE TO SUPPORT INTERNET-BASED AND MOBILE DEVICES
- Managing a mobile and distributed workforce
- Integrating Configuration Manager with cloud services and Internet-based management solutions
- PKI requirements to support the Internet and MDM
- Expanding content availability by using cloud-based distribution points
- Lab : Preparing for cloud integration
- Lab : Implementing PKI for Configuration Manager site systems and clients
- Lab : Configuring cloud-based distribution points
2 - MANAGING CLIENTS ON THE INTERNET
- Methods for managing Internet-based clients
- Planning and implementing Internet-based client management
- Planning and implementing Cloud Management Gateway
- Lab : Configuring IBCM
- Lab : Configuring Cloud Management Gateway for managing clients on the Internet
3 - MANAGING MICROSOFT STORE FOR BUSINESS APPS BY USING CONFIGURATION MANAGER
- Overview of Microsoft Store for Business
- Managing Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager
- Lab : Microsoft Store for Business
- Lab : Deploying Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager
4 - MANAGING OFFICE 365 APPS BY USING CONFIGURATION MANAGER
- Overview of Office 365 ProPlus
- Deploying Office 365 client applications by using Configuration Manager
- Managing and updating an Office 365 client deploymentProPlus
- Lab : Office 365 for to support application deployment by using Configuration Manager
- Lab : Deploying and managing Office 365 client applications by using Configuration Manager
5 - MOBILE DEVICE MANAGEMENT BY USING CONFIGURATION MANAGER
- Overview of mobile device management
- Configuring the Exchange Server connector for mobile device management
- Lab : Managing mobile devices by using the Exchange Server connector
6 - HYBRID MDM WITH CONFIGURATION MANAGER AND INTUNE
- Planning and preparing for hybrid MDM
- Configuring hybrid MDM with Configuration Manager and Intune
- Lab : Configuring hybrid MDM
7 - DEVICE PLATFORM ENROLLMENT BY USING CONFIGURATION MANAGER MDM
- Enrolling Windows devices into MDM
- Enrolling Android devices into MDM
- Enrolling iOS devices into MDM
- Managing mobile devices in Configuration Manager
- Lab : Enrolling Windows devices into hybrid mobile device management (MDM) environment
- Lab : Enrolling Android devices into a hybrid MDM environment
- Lab : Managing mobile devices in hybrid MDMPerforming
8 - ON-PREMISES MOBILE DEVICE MANAGEMENT USING CONFIGURATION MANAGER
- Overview of oOn-premises mobile device management
- Configuring oOn-premises MDM by using Configuration Manager
- Lab : Managing mobile devices with an oOn-premises infrastructure