Business Acumen For Leaders
A business is more than a building and assets, and business leaders must be masters of many skills. Deftly moving from one commitment to another, leaders are tasked with developing both the business and the people in it, seeing the big picture and proficiently steering their teams to meet critical goals.
In this course, you will learn to understand the mechanics of the organization – reading and interpreting financials, making sound business decisions, and setting a course – while also developing the skills to guide and direct your workforce in an ethical and professional manner.
Who Should Attend
Professionals desiring to improve their business planning, financial management, and decision-making skills and practice them in an ethical and professional manner.
Recognize the importance of the big picture in business planning. Leverage financial information to make sound business decisions. Identify the importance of other financial levers to your business. Understand the importance of ethics on long term business success. Appreciate how business etiquette affects your organizational success.
1 - Gaining a Wider Perspective
- Understanding Business Acumen
- Improving Long and Short Term Interactions
- Finding and Recognizing Growth Opportunities
- Making Mindful Decisions
- How to Relate to Others
2 - Understanding the Numbers
- Developing, Defining, and Reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Keeping Up with the Business
- Understanding Sales, Costs, and Profit Margin
- Monitoring Assets, Liabilities, Equity, and Financial Ratios
- Reviewing Income Statements, Balance Sheets, and Cash Flow Statements
3 - Management Considerations
- Recognizing Talent and Organizational Management
- Thinking Critically – Asking the Right Questions, Evaluating the Situation, and Making the Decision
- Leveraging the Organization – Investing in Employees and Customers, Process Improvement, and Goal Alignment
4 - Business Ethics
- Ensuring Ethical Obligations are Met
- Understanding Roles and Responsibilities
- Balancing Personal and Organizational Ethics
- Managing Ethically – Maintaining the 4 P’s
5 - Business Etiquette
- Maintaining Etiquette across Communication Platforms – Email, IMs, and Telephone
- Following Etiquette in Meetings
- Delivering Etiquette in Customer Interactions
This is a 2-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Class times are listed Eastern time
This class is available for Private Group Training