To be a cloud technologist, and eventually a cloud master, you must understand common technologies, benefits, and trends that are drawing businesses and organizations of all types to use cloud services. In addition, you will apply those concepts to evaluating, selecting, planning, and implementing cloud Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions. In doing so, you will identify common barriers to adoption, and strategies that can avoid common cloud implementation pitfalls. You will exit this course well-versed in the different types of SaaS solutions that businesses of all sizes use, and have the skill to compare, evaluate, and recommend which services are the best choice in a given scenario. Taking this course is a great way to prepare to become a Certified CloudMASTER®. For more information on the NCTA CloudMASTER® (NCM) certification program, see www.thencta.com. This course will also help prepare you to take the NCTA-Certified Cloud Technologist (NCT) Exam NCT-110.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for system administrators or prospective system administrators who have one year of experience working with Windows Server® or other server platforms and who want to develop their evaluation, selection, and implementation skills for cloud services, including Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions, and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) solutions that target businesses of all sizes.
In this course, you will manage the core set of cloud technologies needed to function as a Certified CloudMASTER or cloud technologist.
Identify the benefits of cloud computing.
Select end-user cloud technologies.
Plan cloud adoption.
Address barriers to cloud implementation.
Select and implement free SaaS solutions.
Select and implement paid SaaS solutions.
Plan for cloud service migration.
Select SaaS solutions for small businesses.
Select SaaS solutions for medium and enterprise business.
Integrate SaaS solutions.
Select PaaS solutions.
Select IaaS solutions.
1 - Identifying Benefits of Cloud Computing
- Topic A: Translate Cloud Computing Benefits to Business Needs
- Topic B: Analyze Business Trends in Cloud Computing
- Topic C: Evaluate Cloud Service Models and Implementations
- Topic D: Identify Emerging Trends in Cloud
- Topic E: Identify Cloud Provider Benefits and Challenges
2 - Selecting End-User Cloud Technologies
- Topic A: Select Native Applications
- Topic B: Select Web Applications
3 - Planning Cloud Adoption
- Topic A: Plan Cloud Access and Management
- Topic B: Plan Cloud Provisioning
4 - Addressing Barriers to Cloud Implementation
- Topic A: Identify Cloud Implementation Concerns
- Topic B: Address Challenges in Cloud Implementations
- Topic C: Address Compliance Concerns
- Topic D: Address Vendor Lock-in Concerns
5 - Selecting and Implementing Free SaaS Solutions
- Topic A: Evaluate Free SaaS Solutions
- Topic B: Implement a Free SaaS Solution
6 - Selecting and Implementing Paid SaaS Solutions
- Topic A: Identify Corporate SaaS Requirements
- Topic B: Implement a Paid SaaS Solution
7 - Planning for Cloud Service Migration
- Topic A: Plan Domain Name Integration with Cloud Services
- Topic B: Plan to Migrate Email to the Cloud
8 - Selecting SaaS Solutions for Small Businesses
- Topic A: Select SaaS Accounting Solutions
- Topic B: Select SaaS Storage Solutions
- Topic C: Select Other Small Business SaaS Solutions
9 - Selecting SaaS Solutions for Medium and Enterprise Businesses
- Topic A: Select SaaS CRM Solutions
- Topic B: Select SaaS Marketing Solutions
10 - Integrating SaaS Solutions
- Topic A: Determine Business Needs for SaaS Integration
- Topic B: Evaluate Integration Options
11 - Selecting PaaS Solutions
- Topic A: Evaluate PaaS Solutions
- Topic B: Implement PaaS Solutions
12 - Selecting IaaS Solutions
- Topic A: Compare IaaS to Traditional Infrastructure Solutions
- Topic B: Select IaaS Providers