To be a cloud architect and a cloud master, you must apply techniques and strategies to design secure, scalable, cost-effective cloud solutions, and be able to convince executives to move forward with your recommendations. In this course, you will develop critical skills in discovering information essential to successfully planning cloud projects, determining requirements, and documenting information and recommendations. You will leave this course able to compare, evaluate, and recommend cloud service providers, design secure and scalable cloud solutions, and give compelling, data-backed presentations that will get your recommendations approved, and your cloud projects green-lighted. Taking this course is a great way to prepare to become a Certified CloudMASTER®. For more information on the NCTA CloudMASTER® (NCM) certification program, see www.thencta.com. This course will also help prepare you to take the NCTA-Certified Cloud Architect (NCA) Exam NCA-110.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for system administrators who wish to plan, design, and implement cloud services for their organizations. This includes the ability to understand cloud solution features, capabilities, and components offered by cloud providers at a deep level so as to design cloud and hybrid solutions for application deployment and infrastructure scenarios. Cloud architects must also evaluate and plan for the appropriate compute, network, database, and security components to build a solution that meets the needs of their organization. In addition, they must secure, monitor, and optimize those solutions.
In this course, you will manage the design and plan the implementation of cloud architectures as needed to function as a Certified CloudMASTER or cloud architect.
Assess cloud solutions options.
Prepare for cloud migration.
Determine technical requirements.
Evaluate cloud service components.
Select AWS infrastructure components.
Determine database requirements.
Select Rackspace cloud features and components.
Select Microsoft Azure features and components.
Determine licensing and SLA requirements.
Design scalable cloud solutions.
Provide business continuity and disaster recovery.
Secure data in the cloud.
Secure access to cloud services.
Present your cloud migration plan.
1 - Assessing Cloud Solution Options
- Topic A: Overview of Cloud Computing Technologies and Roles
- Topic B: Determine the Type of Cloud Service Model
- Topic C: Determine the Type of Cloud Implementation
2 - Preparing for Cloud Migration
- Topic A: Manage Cloud Migration Risks
- Topic B: Assemble a Cloud Team
- Topic C: Document Cloud Project Information
3 - Determining Technical Requirements
- Topic A: Determine Operating System Requirements
- Topic B: Identify Application Requirements
4 - Evaluating Cloud Service Components
- Topic A: Evaluate Cloud Computing Faciliities
- Topic B: Evaluate Cloud Compute Components
- Topic C: Evaluate Cloud Storage and Delivery Components
- Topic D: Evaluate Virtualization Software
- Topic E: Evaluate Cloud Management Platform Components
5 - Selecting AWS Infrastructure Components
- Topic A: Select for Data Center Requirements
- Topic B: Select AWS Compute Components
- Topic C: Select AWS Networking Components
- Topic D: Select AWS Storage and Content Delivery Components
- Topic E: Select AWS Management and Monitoring Solutions
- Topic F: Evaluate AWS PaaS Features
6 - Determining Database Requirements
- Topic A: Define Database Requirements
- Topic B: Select AWS Database Services
7 - Selecting Rackspace Cloud Features and Components
- Topic A: Select Rackspace Cloud Compute and Network Components
- Topic B: Select Rackspace Cloud Database Components
- Topic C: Select Rackspace Cloud Storage
- Topic D: Monitor Rackspace Solutions with Cloud Analytics
8 - Selecting Microsoft Azure Features and Components
- Topic A: Select Azure Compute and Network Services
- Topic B: Select Azure Database Services
- Topic C: Select Azure Storage Services
- Topic D: Select Azure App Services
- Topic E: Select Azure Monitoring Solutions
9 - Determining Licensing and SLA Requirements
- Topic A: Determine Licensing Requirements for Cloud Solutions
- Topic B: Evaluate SLAs
10 - Designing Scalable Cloud Solutions
- Topic A: Evaluate Scaling Options
- Topic B: Manage Compute Resources
- Topic C: Manage Memory Usage for Cloud Solutions
- Topic D: Manage Storage for Cloud Solutions
- Topic E: Manage Network Components
11 - Providing Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Topic A: Protect Cloud Data
- Topic B: Ensure Business Continuity
- Topic C: Plan for Disaster Recovery
12 - Securing Data in the Cloud
- Topic A: Use Encryption to Secure Data
- Topic B: Secure Data-in-Transit
- Topic C: Secure Data-at-Rest
13 - Securing Access to Cloud Services
- Topic A: Evaluate Perimeter Security Requirements
- Topic B: Define Authentication Requirements
- Topic C: Define Security Event Processes
14 - Presenting Your Cloud Migration Plan
- Topic A: Apply Presentation Fundamentals
- Topic B: Create a Cloud Migration Presentation
- Topic C: Deliver a Cloud Migration Presentation