20744 Securing Windows Server 2016
This course teaches IT professionals how they can enhance the security of the IT infrastructure that they administer.
Who Should Attend
This course is for IT professionals who need to administer Windows Server 2016 networks securely. These professionals typically work with networks that are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments, with managed access to the Internet and cloud services.
Students who seek certification in the 70-744 Securing Windows server exam also will benefit from this course.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Secure Windows Server.
Secure application development and a server workload infrastructure.
Manage security baselines.
Configure and manage just enough and just-in-time (JIT) administration.
Manage data security.
Configure Windows Firewall and a software-defined distributed firewall.
Secure network traffic.
Secure your virtualization infrastructure.
Manage malware and threats.
Configure advanced auditing.
Manage software updates.
Manage threats by using Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA) and Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS).
1 - BREACH DETECTION AND USING THE SYSINTERNALS TOOLS
- Overview of breach detection
- Using the Sysinternals tools to detect breaches
- Lab : Basic breach detection and incident response strategies
2 - PROTECTING CREDENTIALS AND PRIVILEGED ACCESS
- Understanding user rights
- Computer and service accounts
- Protecting credentials
- Understanding privileged-access workstations and jump servers
- Deploying a local administrator-password solution
- Lab : User rights, security options, and group-managed service accounts
- Lab : Configuring and deploying LAPs
3 - LIMITING ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS WITH JUST ENOUGH ADMINISTRATION
- Understanding JEA
- Configuring and deploying JEA
- Lab : Limiting administrator privileges by using JEA
4 - PRIVILEGED ACCESS MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATIVE FORESTS
- Understanding ESAE forests
- Overview of MIM
- Implementing JIT and Privileged Access Management by using MIM
- Lab : Limiting administrator privileges by using Privileged Access Management
5 - MITIGATING MALWARE AND THREATS
- Configuring and managing Windows Defender
- Using software restricting policies (SRPs) and AppLocker
- Configuring and using Device Guard
- Using and deploying the Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit
- Lab : Securing applications by using AppLocker, Windows Defender, Device Guard Rules, and the EMET.
6 - ANALYSING ACTIVITY BY USING ADVANCED AUDITING AND LOG ANALYTICS
- Overview of auditing
- Understanding advanced auditing
- Configuring Windows PowerShell auditing and logging
- Lab : Configuring encryption and advanced auditing
7 - ANALYSING ACTIVITY WITH MICROSOFT ADVANCED THREAT ANALYTICS FEATURE AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT SUITE
- Overview of Advanced Threat Analytics
- Understanding OMS
- Lab : Advanced Threat Analytics and Operations Management Suite
8 - SECURING YOUR VIRTUALIZATION AN INFRASTRUCTURE
- Overview of Guarded Fabric VMs
- Understanding shielded and encryption-supported VMs
- Lab : Deploying and using Guarded Fabric with administrator-trusted attestation and shielded VMs
9 - SECURING APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT AND SERVER-WORKLOAD INFRASTRUCTURE
- Using Security Compliance Manager
- Introduction to Nano Server
- Understanding containers
- Lab : Using Security Compliance Manager
- Lab : Deploying and Configuring Nano Server and containers
10 - PROTECTING DATA WITH ENCRYPTION
- Planning and implementing encryption
- Planning and implementing BitLocker
- Lab : Configuring EFS and BitLocker
11 - LIMITING ACCESS TO FILE AND FOLDERS
- Introduction to FSRM
- Implementing classification management and file-management tasks
- Understanding Dynamic Access Control (DAC)
- Lab : Configuring quotas and file screening
- Lab : Implementing DAC
12 - USING FIREWALLS TO CONTROL NETWORK TRAFFIC FLOW
- Understanding Windows Firewall
- Software-defined distributed firewalls
- Lab : Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
13 - SECURING NETWORK TRAFFIC
- Network-related security threats and connection-security rules
- Configuring advanced DNS settings
- Examining network traffic with Microsoft Message Analyzer
- Securing SMB traffic, and analyzing SMB traffic
- Lab : Connection security rules and securing DNS
- Lab : Microsoft Message Analyzer and SMB encryption
14 - UPDATING WINDOWS SERVER
- Overview of WSUS
- Deploying updates by using WSUS
- Lab : Implementing update management
This is a 5-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 9:00AM - 5:00PM
||11:00AM - 7:00PM
|| 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Class times are listed Eastern time
This class is available for Private Group Training