In this course, you will research cloud operations and what it means to be a certified cloud master; deploy and configure various Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud services; employ automation tools such as Chef™ and Puppet® to manage cloud services; explore data import/export techniques and considerations; manage security and compliance in the cloud; and plan and execute a phased cloud migration.
Taking this course is a great way to prepare to become a Certified CloudMASTER®. For more information on the NCTA CloudMASTER® (NCM) certification program, see www.thencta.com. This course will also help prepare you to take the NCTA-Certified CloudOps Specialist (NCO) Exam NCO-110.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for system administrators or cloud technologists who wish to further develop their skills for evaluating, deploying, and administering cloud services. This includes evaluating and selecting PaaS solutions and deploying applications to the cloud, as well as maintaining, securing, and optimizing cloud solutions to achieve the best total cost of ownership (TCO) and return on investment (ROI).
In this course, you will deploy, configure, and administer Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) solutions as needed to function as a Certified CloudMASTER or cloud operations specialist.
Describe cloud operations.
Plan cloud services implementation.
Deploy a cloud application with DigitalOcean.
Deploy a cloud application with Heroku.
Deploy websites and apps with Microsoft Azure.
Implement Azure Cloud Services and virtual machines.
Manage Azure applications with Visual Studio.
Deploy applications with AWS.
Deploy applications to Opscode Chef.
Manage cloud services with Chef.
Implement Rackspace Cloud Servers.
Import and export data from cloud services.
Manage security and compliance in cloud solutions.
Plan and execute a phased cloud migration.
1 - Overview of Cloud Operations
- Topic A: Overview of Cloud Computing Technologies and Roles
- Topic B: IT Administration Requirements for Cloud Services
- Topic C: Business Requirements for Cloud Service Administration
2 - Planning Cloud Service Implementation
- Topic A: Determine Hardware, Software, and Network Requirements
- Topic B: Assess Risks of a Cloud Deployment
- Topic C: Coordinate with End Users and Business Stakeholders
- Topic D: Plan Automation and Configuration Management
- Topic E: Determine Cloud Service Support Resources
3 - Deploying a Cloud Application with DigitalOcean
- Topic A: Determine Cloud Application Implementation Requirements
- Topic B: Deploying a Droplet on Digital Ocean
4 - Deploying a Cloud Application with Heroku
- Topic A: Identify Cloud Application Features of Heroku
- Topic B: Deploy a Heroku App
- Topic C: Scale and Update Applications on Heroku
- Topic D: Secure Heroku Applications with Git Bash
5 - Deploying Websites and Apps with Microsoft Azure
- Topic A: Overview of Microsoft Azure
- Topic B: Deploy Websites and Apps in Microsoft Azure
- Topic C: Manage Data and Storage in Microsoft Azure
6 - Implementing Azure Cloud Services and Virtual Machines
- Topic A: Implement Azure Cloud Services
- Topic B: Implement Azure Virtual Machines
- Topic C: Manage Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
7 - Managing Azure Applications with Visual Studio
- Topic A: Publish Applications to Azure with Visual Studio
- Topic B: Migrate .NET Applications to Azure with Visual Studio
8 - Introduction to AWS
- Topic A: AWS Components
- Topic B: AWS Deployment
9 - Deploying Applications to Opscode Chef
- Topic A: Overview of Opscode Chef
- Topic B: Install the Chef Client
- Topic C: Implement Chef Cookbooks
10 - Managing Cloud Services with Chef
- Topic A: Manage Azure Services with Chef
- Topic B: Manage AWS with OpsWorks
11 - Introduction to Puppet
- Topic A: Determine How Puppet Can Streamline Cloud Management
- Topic B: Explore Components of Puppet
12 - Implementing Rackspace Cloud Servers
- Topic A: Overview of OpenStack
- Topic B: Overview of Rackspace Cloud Services
- Topic C: Deploy a Rackspace Cloud Server
- Topic D: Manage QoS
13 - Importing and Exporting Data from Cloud Services
- Topic A: Determine Requirements for Cloud Data Import and Export
- Topic B: Import Data to and Export Data from a Cloud Network
14 - Managing Security and Compliance in Cloud Solutions
- Topic A: Secure Cloud Solutions
- Topic B: Manage Compliance for Cloud Solutions
15 - Planning and Executing a Phased Cloud Migration
- Topic A: Plan a Phased Migration
- Topic B: Execute Phase 1: Cloud Assessment
- Topic C: Execute Phase 2: Deploy a Proof of Concept
- Topic D: Execute Phase 3: Data Migration
- Topic E: Execute Phase 4: Application Migration
- Topic F: Execute Phase 5: Implement Cloud Features
- Topic G: Execute Phase 6: Optimize Cloud Implementations