This course course teaches the administrative functions necessary to plan, install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot an IBM Workload Scheduler 9.1 or 9.2 network. This course includes an in-depth look at designing an IBM Workload Scheduler network architecture, background processes in Workload Scheduler, workstation and network configuration options, workload production cycle and processing, effective use of Workload Scheduler security, and techniques for Identifying and resolving common problems. Training occurs in a classroom environment or online instructor-led facility. Hands-on lab exercises include planning a network, defining workstations and domains, and installing and configuring Workload Scheduler components.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate-level course is for Tivoli Workload Scheduler administrators responsible for designing Workload Scheduler networks, managing background process, security, configuration, and backups.
1 - Course Outline
- About Workload Automation
- Introducing Workload Scheduler
- Planning the implementation
- Installing and configuring Workload Scheduler
- Upgrading Workload Scheduler
- Configuring Workload Scheduler
- Managing the planning cycle
- Determining agent processes
- Securing Workload Scheduler
- Making Workload Scheduler highly available
- Finding and repairing problems