10983 Upgrading Your Skills to Windows Server 2016
This course is retiring on 10/31. It is being replaced by 20743: Upgrading Your Skills to Windows Server 2016 MCSA. Please review that course outline for future dates.
This 5-day course explains how to implement and configure new features and functionality in Windows Server 2016. This course is designed for IT professional who want to upgrade their technical skills from Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 to Windows Server 2016. This course presumes a high level of knowledge about previous Windows Server technologies and skills equivalent to the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 credential.
This course is not a product upgrade course, detailing considerations for migrating and upgrading your specific environment to Windows Server 2016. Rather, this course will update students' existing Windows Server knowledge and skills to Windows Server 2016.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who are experienced Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 system administrators and who have real world experience working in a Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2008 enterprise environment, and have obtained the credential Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 or have equivalent knowledge.
IT professionals wanting to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the MCSA exams, which are a prerequisite for the MCSE specialties.
fter completing this course, students will be able to: Install and configure Windows Server 2016. Implement Hyper-V.
Implement directory services. Implement AD FS. Manage and optimize storage in Windows Server 2016. Implement secure data access for users and devices. Implement network services. Implement remote access. Implement failover clustering. Implement failover clustering with Hyper-V. Recover data in Windows Servers 2016.
1 - Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2016
- Introducing Windows Server 2016
- Installing Windows Server 2016
- Configuring Windows Server 2016
- Implementing Containers in Windows Server 2016
2 - Implementing Hyper-V
- Configuring Hyper-V Host Servers
- Configuring Hyper-V Storage
- Configuring Hyper-V Networking
- Configuring Hyper-V Virtual Machines
3 - Implementing Directory Services
- Deploying Active Directory Domain Controllers
- Implementing Service Accounts
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Integrating AD DS with Azure AD
4 - Implementing AD FS
- Overview of AD FS
- Deploying AD FS
- Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
- Implementing Web Application Proxy
- Implementing Azure AD FS
5 - Managing and Optimizing Storage in Windows Server 2016
- Overview of Storage in Windows Server 2016
- Configuring iSCSI Storage
- Configuring Storage Spaces in Windows Server 2016
6 - Implementing Secure Data Access for Users and Devices
- Overview of Dynamic Access Control
- Planning for a Dynamic Access Control Implementation
- Configuring Dynamic Access Control
- Implementing Work Folders
7 - Implementing Network Services
- Overview of Networking Enhancements
- Implementing IP Address Management
- Managing IP Address Spaces with IPAM
8 - Implementing Remote Access
- Remote Access Overview
- Implementing DirectAccess
- Implementing VPN
9 - Implementing Failover Clustering
- Overview of Failover Clustering
- Implementing a Failover Cluster
- Configuring Highly-Available Applications and Services on a Failover Cluster
- Maintaining a Failover Cluster
- Implementing a Multisite Failover Cluster
10 - Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
- Overview of the Integration of Hyper-V Server 2012 with Failover Clustering
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machines on Failover Clusters
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machine Movement
- Implementing Hyper-V Replica
11 - Data Recovery in Windows Server 2016
- Implementing Windows Server Backup
- Implementing Microsoft Azure Backup
- Implementing Server and Data Recovery
This is a 5-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.