This course examines the basics, most importantly to be considerate of others, dress/appearance, the workplace versus social situations, business meetings, proper introductions and 'the handshake', conversation skills/small talk, & much more.
Define etiquette and provide an example of how etiquette can be of value to a company or organization.
Understand the guidelines on how to make effective introductions.
Identify the 3 C’s of a good impression.
Understand how to use a business card effectively.
Identify and practice at least one way to remember names.
Identify the 3 steps in giving a handshake.
Enumerate the four levels of conversation and provide an example for each.
Understand place settings, napkin etiquette and basic table manners.
Understand the meaning of colors in dressing for success.
Differentiate among the dressy casual, semi-formal, formal and black tie dress code.
1 - Getting Started
- Workshop Objectives
- Pre-Assignment Review
2 - Understanding Etiquette
- Etiquette Defined
- The Importance of Business Etiquette
- Module Two: Review Questions
3 - Networking for Success
- Creating an Effective Introduction
- Making a Great First Impression
- Minimizing Nervousness
- Using Business Cards Effectively
- Remembering Names
- Module Three: Review Questions
4 - The Meet and Greet
- The Three-Step Process
- The Four Levels of Conversation
- Case Study
- Module Four: Review Questions
5 - The Dining in Style
- Understanding Your Place Setting
- Using Your Napkin
- Eating Your Meal
- Sticky Situations and Possible Solutions
- Module Five: Review Questions
6 - Eating Out
- Ordering in a Restaurant
- About Alcoholic Beverages
- Paying the Bill
- Module Six: Review Questions
7 - Business Email Etiquette
- Addressing Your Message
- Grammar and Acronyms
- Top 5 Technology Tips
- Module Seven: Review Questions
8 - Phone Etiquette
- Developing an Appropriate Greeting
- Dealing with Voicemail
- Cell Phone Do’s and Don’ts
- Module Eight: Review Questions
9 - The Written Letter
- Thank You Notes
- Formal Letters
- Informal Letters
- Module Nine: Review Questions
10 - Dressing for Success
- The Meaning of Colors
- Interpreting Common Dress Codes
- Deciding What to Wear
- Module Ten: Review Questions
11 - International Etiquette
- General Rules
- Important Points
- Preparation Tips
- Module Eleven: Review Questions