Securing Cisco® Networks with SourceFire FireSIGHT Intrusion Prevention System v2.0 (SSFIPS)
Securing Cisco Networks with Cisco FireSIGHT Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) is an instructor-led, lab-intensive, course that introduces students to the powerful features of the Cisco FireSIGHT system, in-depth event analysis, IPS tuning and configuration, and the SNORT rules language.
You will learn how to use and configure next-generation Cisco IPS technology, including application control, firewall, and routing and switching capabilities. You will also learn to properly tune systems for better performance and greater network intelligence while taking full advantage of powerful tools for more efficient event analysis, including file type and network-based malware detection.
This course combines lecture materials and hands-on labs throughout to make sure you are able to successfully deploy and manage the Cisco FireSIGHT system. This course prepares you to take the Securing Cisco Networks with FireSIGHT IPS exam (exam ID 500-285).
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to deploy and/or manage a Cisco FireSIGHT system in a network environment. The primary audience for this course includes:
- Security administrators
- Security consultants
- Network administrators
- System engineers
- Technical support personnel
- Channel partners and resellers
Upon successful completion of this course and it's labs you should be able to:
- Describe the FireSIGHT system training infrastructure
- Navigate the user interface and administrative features of the FireSIGHT system, including reporting functionality to properly assess threats
- Describe how to deploy and manage Cisco FireSIGHT devices
- Describe the various detection technologies used in the FireSIGHT system
- Describe, create, and implement objects for use in Access Control policies
- Describe advanced policy configuration and FireSIGHT system configuration options
- Analyze events
- Write and configure basic SNORT rules
1 - Module 1
- FireSIGHT System Overview and Classroom Setup
2 - Module 2
- Hardware Overview and Architecture
8 - Module 8
- Network-Based Malware Detection
15 - Module 15
- Basic Rule Syntax and Usage
This is a 5-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.