20697-1 Implementing and Managing Windows 10
This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to install and configure Windows 10 desktops and devices in a Windows Server domain corporate environment.
Who Should Attend
This course is for information technology (IT) professionals who administer and support Windows 10 desktops, devices, users, and associated network and security resources. The networks with which these professionals typically work are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments with managed access to the Internet and cloud services. Students who seek certification in the 70-697 Windows 10 Configuring exam also will benefit from this course. Additionally, this course builds skills for Enterprise Desktop/Device Support Technicians who provide Tier 2 support to users who are running Windows 10 desktops and devices within a Windows domain environment in medium-sized and larger organizations.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Describe the important new features of Windows 10.
Install Windows 10.
Configure a device running Windows 10.
Configure network connectivity for a Windows 10 device.
Manage storage in Windows 10.
Manage folders and printers.
Manage data security.
Manage device security.
Implement Windows 10 features to improve network security.
Restore files, roll back drivers, and recover Windows 10 devices.
Monitor and update Windows 10 devices.
1 - Overview of Windows 10
- Introducing Windows 10
- Navigating the User Interface
- Lab: Navigating and Customizing the User Interface
2 - Installing Windows 10
- Preparing to Install Windows 10
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Lab : Installing Windows 10
3 - Configuring Your Device
- Overview of Tools Used to Configure Windows 10
- Common Configuration Options
- Managing User Accounts
- Using OneDrive
- Lab : Configuring Windows 10
- Lab : Synchronizing Settings with OneDrive
4 - Configuring Network Connectivity
- Configuring IP Network Connectivity
- Implementing Name Resolution
- Implementing Wireless Network Connectivity
- Overview of Remote Access
- Lab : Configuring Network Connectivity
5 - Managing Storage
- Overview of Storage Options
- Managing Disks, Partitions, and Volumes
- Maintaining Disks and Volumes
- Managing Storage Spaces
- Lab : Managing Storage
6 - Managing Files & Printers
- Overview of File Systems
- Configuring and Managing File Access
- Configuring and Managing Shared Folders
- Work Folders
- Managing Printers
- Lab : Creating, Securing, and Sharing a Folder
- Lab : Enabling Work Folders
- Lab : Installing and Sharing a Printer
7 - Managing Apps in Windows 10
- Overview of Methods Used to Provide Apps to Users
- The Windows Store
- Web Browsers
- Lab : Installing and Updating Apps from the Windows Store
- Lab : Configuring Windows 10 Web Browsers
8 - Managing Data Security
- Overview of Data-Related Security Threats
- Securing Data with EFS
- Implementing and Managing BitLocker
- Lab : Managing Data Security
9 - Managing Device Security
- Using Security Settings to Mitigate Threats
- Configuring User Account Control
- Lab : Managing Device Security
10 - Managing Network Security
- Overview of Network-Related Security Threats
- Windows Firewall
- Connection Security Rules
- Windows Defender
- Lab : Managing Network Security
11 - Maintaining Windows 10
- Updating Windows 10
- Monitoring Windows 10
- Optimizing Performance
- Lab : Maintaining Windows 10
12 - Troubleshooting & Recovery
- Managing Devices and Drivers
- Recovering Files
- Recovering Devices
- Lab : Troubleshooting and Recovery
This is a 5-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 9:00AM - 5:00PM
|| 9:00AM - 5:00PM
|| 9:00AM - 5:00PM
||11:00AM - 7:00PM
Class times are listed Eastern time
This class is available for Private Group Training