You have created simple artwork by using the basic drawing and painting tools available in Adobe® Illustrator® CC. You now want to use advanced tools, options, and effects to create complex artwork. In addition, you want to ensure that your artwork is ready for commercial printing and also save it for the web. In this course, you will draw complex illustrations and enhance them by using various painting options. You will also use painting tools, manage colors, format type, work with effects, prepare artwork for commercial printing, and prepare graphics for the web.
This course covers the Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator CC objectives to help students prepare for the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exam. This course is also designed to cover the Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) exam objectives.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for designers, publishers, pre-press professionals, marketing communications professionals, or people taking on design responsibilities who need to use Illustrator to create illustrations, logos, advertisements, or other graphic documents.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to use Adobe Illustrator CC to create complex illustrations, format illustrations and type, and prepare documents for print and web.
• Draw complex illustrations.
• Enhance artwork by using painting tools.
• Customize colors and swatches.
• Format type.
• Enhance the appearance of artwork.
• Prepare content for deployment.
• Set up project requirements.
1 - Drawing Complex Illustrations
- Apply the Grid, Guides, and Info Panel
- Combine Objects to Create Complex Illustrations
- Organize Artwork with Layers
- Create a Perspective Drawing
- Trace Artwork
2 - Enhancing Artwork Using Painting Tools
- Paint Objects Using Fills and Strokes
- Paint Objects Using Live Paint Groups
- Paint with Custom Brushes
- Add Transparency and Blending Modes
- Apply Meshes to Objects
- Apply Patterns
3 - Customizing Colors and Swatches
- Manage Colors
- Customize Swatches
- Manage Color Groups
- Adjust Color
4 - Formatting Type
- Set Character Formats
- Apply Advanced Formatting Options to Type
5 - Enhancing the Appearance of Artwork
- Apply Effects to an Object
- Create Graphic Styles
- Apply a Mask to an Object
- Apply Symbols and Symbol Sets
6 - Preparing Content for Deployment
- Prepare Artwork for Printing
- Prepare Transparency and Colors for Printing
- Create Slices and Image Maps
- Save Graphics for the Web
- Prepare Documents for Video
- Prepare Files for Other Applications
7 - Setting Project Requirements
- Identify the Purpose, Audience, and Audience Needs
- Determine and Evaluate Standard Copyright Rules for Artwork, Graphics, and Graphics Use
- Determine and Evaluate Project Management Tasks and Responsibilities
8 - Appendix A: Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator CC Certification Exam Objectives
9 - Appendix B: Adobe Certified Expert Illustrator CC Exam Mappings