Project Management - A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) Foundations
This course introduces participants to the best practices of project management, as found in the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). The PMBOK® Guide is authored and maintained by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®, a non-profit organization that collects and disseminates project management principles and practices found to improve the performance of projects and the organizations that run them. Participants will apply all course principles to a case study taken directly from their work environment.
Project Management Institute (PMI) and PMBOK Guide are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
NOTE: This course will earn you 7 PDUs.
Who Should Attend
This class is intended for the individual that is new to project management and needs a summary walk through of the PMBOK® Guide . This class is also intended for the experienced project manager that needs to compare their current project management processes to the PMBOK® Guide processes.
1 - Project Management Framework
- What is a Project?
- What is Project Management?
- Project, Program, and Portfolio Management
- Role of a Project Manager
- Strategy, Portfolio, Program, and Project Management
- Potential Project Drivers
- The Project Life Cycle Overview
- Case Study Selection
2 - Initiating
- Initiating Process Group Overview
- Develop Project Charter
- Identify Stakeholders
3 - Planning
- Planning Process Group Overview
- Collect Requirements
- Define Scope
- Create WBS
- Define Activities
- Sequence Activities
- Estimate Activity Resources
- Estimate Activity Durations
- Develop Schedule
- Critical Path Method
- Estimate Costs
- Plan Human Resource Management
- Plan Communications Management
- Plan Risk Management
4 - Executing
- Executing Process Group Overview
- Lessons Learned
- Perform Quality Assurance
- Develop Project Team
- Stages of Team Development
- Conflict Resolution
- Performance Reporting
5 - Monitoring and Controlling
- Monitoring and Controlling Process Group Overview
- Perform Integrated Change Control
- Monitoring and Controlling Processes: Control Scope, Schedule, Cost
- Monitoring and Controlling Processes: Quality, Verify Scope, Communications, Risk
6 - Closing
- Close the Contracts
- Close the Project
- Perform a Lessons Learned
This is a 1-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Class times are listed Eastern time
This class is available for Private Group Training