AN12G IBM Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration
Learn to install, customize, and administer the AIX operating system in a POWER (System p) partitioned environment. This course is based on AIX 7.1 running on a Power7 system managed by HMC version 7.
Who Should Attend
This is an intermediate course for anyone with system administrative duties implementing and managing an AIX operating system in a multiuser POWER (System p) partitioned environment.
1 - Day 1
- Introduction to IBM POWER systems, AIX and system administration
- AIX system management tools
- System startup and shutdown
- AIX installation
2 - Day 2
- AIX software installation and maintenance
- System configuration and devices
- System storage overview
- Working with the Logical Volume Manager
3 - Day 3
- File systems administration
- Paging space Backup and restore
4 - Day 4
- Security and user administration: Part 1
- Security and user administration: Part 2
- Scheduling and time TCP/IP networking
5 - Day 5
- TCP/IP networking (continued)
- Introduction to workload partitions
This is a 5-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.