20497 Software Testing with Microsoft Visual Studio® 2013
In this course, Developers and Testers will learn to use the tools in Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate to complete software testing requirements. Students will learn how to plan test efforts, execute manual and automated tests, and some techniques to manage work items and the test process workflow. This course will also prepare students for exam 70-497.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for professional software testers and developers who have one or more years of experience working on a software development team. They manage the process of running tests, creating and monitoring bugs, and managing and mitigating issues that a software organization has in controlling test coverage for project requirements. The qualified candidate typically has a strong understanding of the software testing role and modern testing practices, and the ability to implement testing practices by using Microsoft technologies.
Explain the benefits of using Visual Studio Online.
Record requirements as PBI or bug work items.
Use Microsoft Test Manager to create a test plan.
Use Test Runner to run a manual test.
Perform exploratory testing by using Microsoft Test Manager.
Prepare testing efforts for the next sprint.
1 - Introduction to Application Lifecycle Management
- Software Testing in an Agile World
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Visual Studio Online
- Team Projects
- The Fabrikam Fiber Case Study
- Lab : Configuring the Learning Environment
- Forming Teams
- Creating the Fabrikam Fiber Team Project
- Install the Fabrikam Fiber website
2 - Planning and Tracking Work
- Writing Agile Requirements
- Capturing Agile Requirements
- Planning a Sprint
- Lab : Planning the Development Effort
- Creating a Product Backlog
- Evaluating the Fabrikam Fiber Website
- Planning the Sprint
3 - Planning the Testing Effort
- Knowing What to Test
- Microsoft Test Manager
- Organizing the Testing Effort
- The Test Case
- Lab : Planning the Testing Effort
- Creating a Test Plan
- Creating a Test Suite
- Creating a Test Case
4 - Running Manual Tests
- Knowing Where and When to Test
- Running a Manual Test
- Recording and Playing Back
- Collecting Data
- Viewing and Analyzing Test Results
- Lab : Running Manual Tests
- Running a Manual Test
- Creating an Action Recording
- Capturing Data Automatically During Testing
- Viewing and Tracking Test Results
5 - Testing in the Real World
- Using Parameters and Shared Steps
- Testing on Different Configurations
- Testing in Team Web Access
- Exploratory Testing
- Lab : Testing in the Real World
- Creating More Resilient Tests
- Testing by Using Multiple Configurations
- Running Tests by Using Team Web Access
- Performing Exploratory Testing
6 - Improving Testing Practices
- Automating Test Cases
- Promoting Test Cases
- Lab : Improving Testing Practices
- Creating a Coded UI Test
- Setting Up Regression Testing
This is a 2-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.