55049 PowerPivot, Power View and SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence Center for Analysts
Students will learn PowerPivot and Power View in Excel 2013 and how to surface the workbooks and visualizations using the Business Intelligence Center in SharePoint 2013. This course is for an on-premise SharePoint environment.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for analysts, business intelligence (BI) developers and IT professionals that will be involved with the design, development, and maintenance of Excel workbooks utilizing PowerPivot and Power View 2013 to be surfaced on SharePoint. NOTE: Before attending this course, students must have:
(1) Basic Excel skills; (2) Experience creating PivotTables; (3) Ability to create formulas in Excel that uses ‘nested formulae’; (4) Familiarity with data modeling, as discussed in the Access Part 1 course; (5) An understanding of the meaning to import data from a different data source like an SQL server; and (6) A basic understanding of a SharePoint site. What it is, document libraries, and how to upload a file.
1 - Course Overview
- Course Materials
- What We'll Be Discussing
- Lab 1: Course Overview
2 - PowerPivot
- What is a data model?
- PowerPivot and Excel
- New 2013 PowerPivot Features
- PowerPivot and SharePoint
- Enterprise Business Intelligence and PowerPivot
- Enriching Data
- Importing Data
- Refreshing Data
- Formatting Data
- Sorting and Filtering
- Creating Relationships
- SharePoint Sharing
- Lab 1: PowerPivot
3 - Power View
- New 2013 Power View Features
- Microsoft Power View User Interface
- Saving and Sharing
- BI Semantic Models
- Lab 1: Power View
4 - SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence Center
- New 2013 SharePoint Central Administration
- New 2013 Business Intelligence Center
- Permissions and Roles
- Included Document Library and List Apps
- Create Custom Apps (Libraries) for Visualizations or Workbooks
- Create Custom Connection Apps (Libraries)
- Set Policies for Excel Services
- Lab 1: SharePoint 2013 Business Intelligence Center
This is a 2-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.