20485 Advanced Windows® Store App Development Using C#
Students will learn the more advanced programming skills and techniques that they can use to optimize their Windows Store app and differentiate their app from other apps in the Windows Store.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for professional developers who have 1 or more years of experience creating applications for a production environment and who are comfortable programming in C# and XAML to create Windows 8 apps.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Add animations and transitions in a Windows Store app to improve the user experience.
• Localize the Windows Store app UI.
• Brand the Windows Store app and improve the loading experience with a splash screen.
• Use various storage mechanisms, choose a suitable caching strategy for their Windows Store app, and use advanced file access methods.
• Create custom controls, extend templated controls, and create and consume WinMD components.
• Implement the Print and Settings contracts and the Play To API.
• Work with the Push Notification Service (WNS).
• Capture media with the camera and microphone.
• Create and consume background tasks.
• Discover device capabilities, interact with devices, and act upon sensor data.
• Implement Windows Store trial licensing and in-app purchasing and advertising.
• Understand how to manage Windows authentication and web authentication in Windows Store apps.
• Diagnose problems and monitor application behavior using tracing and profiling tools and APIs.
1 - Windows Store Apps Essentials
- Review Windows 8 App Essentials - Presentation
- Review Windows 8 App Essentials - Under the Hood
2 - Implementing Animations and Transitions
- Using Animation
- Working with Transitions and Transformations
- Lab : Implementing Animations and Transitions
3 - Implementing Globalization and Localization
- Working with Resource Files
- Implementing Culture-Specific Formatting
- Lab : Implementing Globalization and Localization
4 - Branding and a Seamless User Interface
- Customizing the Splash Screen
- Differentiate your app with branding
- Lab : Branding and a Seamless User Interface
5 - Advanced Data Scenarios in a Windows Store App
- Windows Store App Storage Options
- Implementing Data Caching
- Advanced File Functionality
- Lab : Caching Data
6 - Creating Reusable Controls and Components
- Creating Custom Controls
- Extending Existing Controls
- Creating and Consuming WinMD Components
- Lab : Creating Reusable Controls and Components
7 - Implementing Advanced Contract Scenarios
- The Print Contract
- The Play To Contract
- Lab : Printing
8 - The Windows Push Notification Service (WNS)
- The Push Notification Service (WNS)
- Communicating with the Push Notification Service (WNS)
- Lab : The Windows Push Notification Service (WNS)
9 - Capturing Media
- Using CameraCaptureUI to Capture Pictures, Videos or Audio
- Using MediaCapture to Capture Pictures, Video, or Audio
- Lab : Capturing Media
10 - Background Tasks
- Creating Background Tasks
- Consuming Background Tasks in a Windows Store App
- Lab : Background Tasks
11 - Working with Sensors and Devices
- Working with Sensors
- Working with Devices
- Lab : Working with Sensors and Devices
12 - Generating Revenue with your App
- Implementing Trial Functionality in a Windows Store App
- Implement In-App Purchases
- Advertising in a Windows Store App
- Lab : Generating Revenue with your App
13 - Securing Windows Store App Data
- Managing Windows Authentication
- Managing Web Authentication
- Encryption in Windows Store Apps
- Lab : Securing Windows 8 App Data
14 - Tracing and Profiling Windows Store Apps
- Tracing a Windows Store App
- Profiling a Windows Store App
This is a 5-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.