Cisco® Implementing Cisco® Secure Access Control System v5.2 (ACS)
Students will learn how to provide secure access to network resources by using the Cisco Secure Access Control System (ACS) version 5.2, which interoperates with security features in Cisco IOS Software.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for professionals who want to gain a thorough understanding of the operation of the Cisco Secure ACS to control access to network services and devices.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to meet these objectives: Describe the RADIUS and TACACS+ protocols Compare and contrast the various ACS solutions: ACS Express, Enterprise, ACS on VMware, Cisco Secure ACS -1120 Series, and Cisco Secure ACS -1121 List the main components of Cisco Secure ACS Install Cisco Secure ACS v5.2 Use a setup script during Cisco Secure ACS install Describe how licensing works with Cisco Secure ACS Understand attributes, value types, and values Configure the different types of AAA clients Access network resources and AAA clients Configure local identity store and identity store sequence Understand users and identity stores Configure an external identity store with LDAP Describe the fundamentals of LDAP Set up external identity store with Active Directory Perform authentication, command authorization, and accounting with TACACS Monitor and troubleshoot Cisco Secure ACS Configure and troubleshoot digital certificates self-signed by Cisco Secure ACS using local CADescribe and configure IEEE 802.1X and EAP Configure Cisco Secure ACS environments with IEEE 802.1X and Windows XP clients Configure IEEE 802.1X for single host authentication Troubleshoot IEEE 802.1X
1 - Identity Management Solution Overview
- Reviewing Identity Management Understanding Borderless Security
2 - Product Overview and Initial Configuration
- Reviewing RADIUS and TACACS+ Reviewing Cisco Secure ACS v5.2 Installing Cisco Secure ACS v5.2 Understanding Cisco Secure ACS Attributes and Dictionaries Adding Network Devices to Cisco Secure ACS Configuring Identity Stores and Identity Sequence
3 - Advanced Cisco Secure ACS Configuration and Device Management
- Configuring LDAP with External Identity Store Configuring Active Directory with External Identity Store Configuring Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting with TACACS+ Understanding Cisco Secure ACS and Certification Authority Monitoring, Reporting, and Troubleshooting
4 - IEEE 802.1X with Cisco Secure ACS v5.2
- Introducing IEEE 802.1X Topic 4B: Reviewing IEEE 802.1X Policy Elements (RADIUS) Configuring IEEE 802.1X and Windows XP, Vista, and 7 Configuring IEEE 802.1X with Cisco Secure Services Client (SSC) Using IEEE 802.1X Port-Based Authentication Troubleshooting IEEE 802.1X
5 - System Operations
- Configuring Distributed Deployment Configuring Cisco Secure ACS System Administration Features
This is a 3-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.