Oracle Database 11g - SQL Fundamentals
This course will prepare students for the Oracle certification exams (OCP).
Who Should Attend
The target audience for this training course is as follows: - All Oracle professionals, both business and systems professionals, who wish to pass the Oracle certification exams and need a "how to" guide to acquire the knowledge of SQL. - For non-Oracle professionals already experienced in the SQL but who wish to become acquainted with the unique and advanced features of Oracle SQL. - Among the specific groups for whom this course will be helpful are application developers and database administrators.
The objective of this course is to provide an introduction to the SQL database language within the context of an Oracle database, based upon the latest features available. The primary objective of this course is to consider advanced subjects and techniques pertaining to the SQL database language, based upon the latest features available with the Oracle release. Even professionals experienced in other implementations of the industry-standard SQL language will benefit from the advanced and Oracle-specific features of SQL discussed in this course.
Next Steps and Related Courses
1 - Volume 1
- Relational Databases & SQL
- Choosing a SQL & PL/SQL Interface
- Building a Select Statement
- Restricting Data with the Where Clause
- Sorting Data with the Order by Clause
- Using the Set Operators
- Summary Functions
- Using Sub-Queries
- Aggregating Data within Groups
- Build Simple SQL Plus Reports
- Use Data Definition Language to Create and Manage Tables
- Use Data Manipulation Language to Manipulate Data
- Appendix A
2 - Volume 2
- SQL99 Join Techniques
- Enhancing Groups with Rollup and Cube
- Using the Case Expression SQL Functions: Character
- SQL Functions: Numeric
- SQL Functions: Date
- Database Objects: Relational Views
- Database Objects: Data Dictionary Storage
- Database Objects: Indexes
- Database Objects: Other Objects
- Database Objects: Security
- Data Integrity Using Constraints
- Managing Constraint Definitions
- Advanced SQL Plus Reports
- Optional – Advanced SQL Plus Reports
- Optional – Building SQL Plus Scrips
- Optional – SQL Plus Session Control
This is a 5-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.