Cisco® Data Center Unified Computing Design v5.0 (DCUCD)
The student will learn design-related aspects, including how to evaluate hardware components and the sizing process, how to define the server deployment model, how to address the management and environmental aspects and how to design the network.
Who Should Attend
The following knowledge and skills are recommended prerequisites for students attending this course: - Cisco CCDA® certification - Cisco Data Center Networking Infrastructure Design Specialist certification - Cisco Data Center Storage Networking Design Specialist certification - Familiarity with Linux or Windows system administration - Familiarity with server virtualization solutions
Upon completing this course, students will be able to meet these objectives: Evaluate the Cisco Unified Computing System solution design process in regard to the contemporary data center challenges, Cisco Data Center Business Advantage architectural framework, and components Use the reconnaissance and analysis tools to assess computing solution performance characteristics and requirements Describe the hardware components of Cisco UCS and select proper hardware for a given set of requirements Describe the basic server deployment model of Cisco UCS Propose a Cisco Unified Computing System solution management design for a given environment Describe the advanced Cisco UCS server deployment model Calculate the ROI and TCO for the solution by using the Cisco UCS ROI tool Design a migration plan for an existing implementation to a Cisco Unified Computing System solution
1 - Cisco Unified Computing System Solution
- Analyzing Data Center Computing Solutions Identifying a Cisco Unified Computing System Solution Evaluating Server Deployment Options Defining a Cisco Unified Computing System Solution Design
2 - Assess Computing Solution Requirements
- Analyzing Performance Characteristics Employing Data Center Reconnaissance and Analysis Tools
3 - Design Cisco Unified Computing System Solution
- Evaluating Cisco UCS C-Series Architecture Evaluating Cisco UCS B-Series Architecture Sizing the Cisco UCS B-Series Solution Planning Physical Deployment Examining the Cisco UCS Network and Storage Designing the Cisco UCS Network and Storage
4 - Design Server Deployment
- Designing the Cisco UCS Server Deployment Model
5 - Design Cisco UCS Solution Management
- Examining Cisco UCS Solution Management Designing Cisco UCS Solution Management
6 - Design Advanced Server Deployment
- Evaluating Cisco UCS Deployment with Microsoft Hyper-V Evaluating Cisco UCS Integration with VMware vSphere Evaluating Cisco UCS and Cisco Nexus 1000V Integration with VMware vSphere
7 - Evaluate Cisco Unified Computing System Solutions
- Evaluating Solution Design Determining Solution ROI and TCO
8 - Plan Migration to Cisco Unified Computing System Solution
- Designing a Migration Plan
This is a 4-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.