Crystal Reports 2008 - Level 1
In this course, students will create a basic report by connecting to a database and modifying its presentation.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for persons who need output from a database. In some cases, database programs have limited reporting tools, and/or such tools may not be accessible. Students may or may not have programming and/or SQL experience.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to: explore the Crystal Reports interface. create a basic report and modify it. use formulas for filtering data. build a parameterized report. group report data. enhance a report. create a report using data sourced from an Excel database. distribute data.
1 - Exploring the Crystal Reports 2008 Interface
- Explore the Crystal Reports Interface
- Use the Crystal Reports Help
- Customize the Report Settings
2 - Working with Reports
- Create a Report
- Modify a Report
- Display Specific Report Data
- Work with Report Sections
3 - Using Formulas in Reports
- Create a Formula
- Edit a Formula
- Filter Data Using a Formula
- Work with Advanced Formulas and Functions
- Handle Null Values
4 - Building Parameterized Reports
- Create a Parameter Field
- Use a Range Parameter in a Report
- Create a Prompt
5 - Grouping Report Data
- Group Report Data
- Modify a Group Report
- Group Using Parameters
- Create a Parameterized Top N Report
6 - Enhancing a Report
- Format a Report
- Insert Objects in a Report
- Suppress Report Sections
- Use Report Templates
7 - Creating a Report from Excel Data
- Create a Report Based on Excel Data
- Modify a Report Generated from Excel Data
- Update Data in a Report Based on Excel Data
8 - Distributing Data
- Export Data
- Creating Mailing Labels
This is a 2-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
Class dates not listed.
contact us for available
dates and times.