CompTIA Server+ Certification
This course builds on existing professional experience with personal computer hardware support to present the next tier of skills & concepts students will use on the job when administering any type of network server.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for IT professionals such as PC, desktop, and help desk technicians who have experience supporting PC hardware who wish to make the transition to become server hardware and support specialists. This course is also designed for existing server managers who are preparing to take the CompTIA Server+ Exam SK0-004.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to perform the duties of a server administrator.
In this course, you will:
- Manage server hardware.
- Install server hardware and operating systems.
- Configure networking hardware and protocols.
- Perform basic server configuration tasks.
- Create a virtual server environment.
- Administer servers.
- Implement server storage solutions.
- Secure the server.
- Plan and test disaster recovery.
- Troubleshoot server issues.
This course can also benefit you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA Server+ examination (Exam SK0-004).
1 - MANAGING SERVER HARDWARE
- Server Components
- Server Power
- Server Cooling
- Asset Management
2 - INSTALLING A SERVER
- Prepare an Installation Plan
- Prepare the Server Hardware
- Set Up the Server Hardware
- Install an Operating System
3 - CONFIGURING NETWORKING
- Manage Network Cabling
- Configure Network Interface Cards
- Implement IP Addressing and Network Infrastructure Services
4 - CREATING A VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENT
- Create Virtual Servers
- Create Virtual Switches
5 - PERFORMING BASIC SERVER CONFIGURATION
- Configure Local Server Properties
- Configure Server Roles
- Set Up IP Addressing Service Roles
6 - ADMINISTERING THE SERVER
- Update the Server
- Server Administration Access and Control Methods
- Create Service Level Agreements
- Monitor Server Performance
7 - IMPLEMENTING STORAGE SOLUTIONS
- Perform Capacity Planning
- Deploy Primary Storage Devices
- Storage Technologies
- Configure RAID
8 - SECURING THE SERVER
- Configure Firewalls
- Configure Security Protocols
- Implement Intrusion Detection Systems
- Implement Logical Access Control Methods
- Implement Data Security Methods
- Apply Server Hardening Techniques
- Implement Physical Security
- Create Virtual Networks
9 - PLANNING AND TESTING DISASTER RECOVERY
- Implement Environmental Controls
- Manage Documentation for the Server and the Network
- Create A Disaster Recovery Plan
- Perform Backup and Restoration
10 - TROUBLESHOOTING SERVER ISSUES
- Troubleshoot Theory and Methods
- Troubleshoot Hardware Issues
- Troubleshoot Software Issues
- Troubleshoot Networking Issues
- Troubleshoot Storage Issues
- Troubleshoot Security Issues
This is a 5-day class
GTR Guaranteed to Run
Class times are listed Eastern time. This class is available for Private Group Training
To sort by location or date, click the ‘When’ and ‘Where’ column headings.
|| 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Class times are listed Eastern time
This class is available for Private Group Training